My Kids’ Favorite Granola: Monster Cookie Granola
For the Kid in You.
Notes: This isn’t a particularly low-cal snack, but it’s so good. And, I’d think, more nutritious than a full-on Monster Cookie…but I’ll let my dietitian friends speak to that. 🙂
For the syrup:
- 1/3c honey
- 2Tbs butter, melted
- 2Tbs peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
For the granola:
- 1c old fashioned oats
- 1/2c steel cut oats
- 1/2c peanuts
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp salt
For the mix-ins:
- 1/4c mini M&Ms (or to your liking)
- 1/4c mini chocolate chips (or to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the syrup: honey, butter, and vanilla extract. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients for the granola: old fashioned oats, steel cut oats, peanuts, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Pour syrup over the granola mixture. Stir to coat.
- Spread granola evenly onto your baking sheet.
- Bake granola at 350F for 10min. It will have spread out in the oven, and maybe bubbled just a little. This is okay. Stir the granola gently with a spatula, and rearrange it evenly on the pan again. Return the granola to the oven and bake another 5-10min until the granola is fragrant and golden.
- Cool granola completely. Stir in the mixins: mini M&Ms and mini chocolate chips.