Fun, interactive meal prep with your kids? Flavors that your whole family loves? Homemade dinner on the table in (less than) 20 minutes? Check. Check. Check. Easy, homemade, mini-sized, completely-customizable freeze and bake pizzas. For those hectic weeknights, what could be better? My sister-in-law first turned me on to the idea of using naan for pizza, and it makes the best kid-sized vessel for fresh toppings.
Customizable Freeze and Bake Pizzas
The easiest naan pizzas. The kids will love to customize their own. You'll love how fast dinner gets on the table!
If you have time you can make pizzas, cook and enjoy them fresh! But if your weeknights are as busy as mine, you’ll appreciate having a few tucked in the freezer. Note: some toppings don’t freeze well (like egg, or fresh spinach), so add those to your pizza right before it goes into the oven.
- Premade Naan, as many as you want to make (I buy mine at Trader Joes.)
- Pizza sauce, alfredo sauce, pesto, cheese sauce (use what you like)
- Your choice of pizza toppings! (We love olives, bacon, mozzarella, fresh spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, sometimes an egg…customize to your liking.)
- Extra virgin olive oil, if using
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, if using
- Hot sauce, if using
- Place naan on a baking sheet. Spoon pizza sauce of your choice on top of the naan.
- Customize your pizza! Add toppings of your choice: pre-cooked meat, cheese, veggies, etc.
- Note: some ingredients do not freeze well (like a freshly cracked egg, or fresh spinach), so add these toppings right before the pizzas go into the oven. If using a cracked egg, make a little well in your toppings to contain the egg and crack it right in!
- Put the baking sheet with your pizzas into the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Note: if you plan to freeze your pizzas longer than overnight, be sure to zip them in a plastic bag for better keeping.
- When you are ready to bake your pizzas: Preheat oven to 425F. Top pizzas with any additional ingredients. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is cooked through.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, and/or a dash of hot sauce. Enjoy!