Happy Halloween! Your kitchen helpers will love these Halloween caramel apples. Give them a try, and start a new tradition!
Halloween Caramel Apples
Dipped in caramel and chocolate, you’ll love this Halloween treat! They wrap up beautifully for bake sales and neighbor gifts.
- Apples, clean and dry. We like Granny Smith best.
- Sticks. We use cake pop sticks. You’ll need one stick for each caramel apple.
- 1 package caramels, unwrapped.
- 2 Tbs milk
- Chocolate, melted, for dipping
- Candies and other toppings, for decorating
- Candy eyes
- Cellophane wrap, if wrapping for gifts
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Poke a stick into each apple, near the stem. Poke the stick far enough into the apple that it stays put, but don’t let the stick come out the other side. Set apples aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the unwrapped caramels with the milk. Microwave in 30sec intervals, stirring in between, until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Dip each apple in caramel, then cool on the baking sheet. (If the caramel slides off the apple, it is too hot. Cooler caramel will yield a thicker caramel coating. You can always re-dip. 🙂 )
- When all caramel-coated apples are cool, begin melting the chocolate! Again, melt chocolate in 30sec intervals, mixing in between. When chocolate is melted and smooth, dip caramel-coated apples into the chocolate. Set apples on the wax paper to cool.
- When chocolate is set, decorate your apples! We like to decorate with mini M&Ms, coconut, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate drizzles, and mini chocolate chips. Anything goes!
- Allow caramel apples to cool/set completely before you wrap them up. Your friends will love these!