Looking to replace those chips or pretzels with a more wholesome snack? Try this recipe for crunchy garbanzo beans! They are crunchy, flavorful, and easily modified with your favorite flavors. Added bonus: kids love ’em too!
Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
Great addition to salads and power bowls, or as a healthier alternative to potato chips!
- 16 oz. can of garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain, and rinse beans with water.
- Transfer beans to a baking sheet and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle olive oil over the beans and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle beans with salt and pepper (or spices of your choice). Sprinkle cheese on top of beans. Gently toss beans to coat.
- Roast beans in oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- Remove beans from oven and allow to cool. Use on top salads, power bowls, or in place of croutons (or potato chips :D)